Monday, September 23, 2013

Where The Ruffalo Roam: The Setting

        Now that I've gave you a little insight and back round on my wonderful family, let me set the setting where most of he stories will take place. As I said before we moved down to North Carolina when I was ten years old, the town that we moved into only had around ten thousand people in it. The town that I came from in New York only had around three thousand people. As I got to know more people in that small town in North Carolina, I noticed that so many people complained about living in such a small town with nothing to do, but they didn't know what small really was. The town that I lived in New York had at tops three traffic lights, and there was nothing ever going on there. So in the little town in North Carolina, I listened to all the complaints, but if you really wanted something to do there was always something to do. I'm not going to lie, there was  many times that I was bored out of my mind, but I always knew there was something to do, I just chose not to do it. One of the things that people loved to do is go to high school sporting events, no matter their age, they didn't have to have a connection to the team at all. On Friday night everyone came out to the football field to watch, the team loose. The team wasn't very good. I'm telling you though, on Friday nights when the lights came on people from all walks of life migrated to that football field. There were the clean cut people that thought they ran the town, the average Joes', the parents, and the people who looked like they haven't came out of the woods for thirty years. Friday night football brought the whole town together as it does in many small southern communities, it was fun to go out every once in a while to see what all was going on in the town. The town it self was beautiful though, it was very well kept up, the streets were clean, the buildings were graffiti-less, the people were great and everything just had a nice clean feel to it. The people in the south are much different then the people in the north, they're a lot more hospitable, everyone is in each others business, everyone knew each other. It was almost as though everyone were friends. Every one you looked at you could expect a nice big smile, and a wave. Lots of the elderly spent their time just sitting out on their front porch waving at and greeting the people that came by. It was nice knowing that there was always someone watching out incase something happened. Many of those elderly people had been in that small town all their lives and couldn't ever see themselves getting out of there. There were a couple people that I knew, whose family had been in that small town for generations. I'm not lying when I tell you that everyone knew each other in that small town, if something happened, everyone knew and were at your doorstep asking if there were anything that they could do. Especially if you jut so happen to have just had a baby, you don't have to cook for a couple months because everyone from the town brings you at least one meal, so your set for a month or so. It really is a wonderful place. With that being said I must go, so goodbye for now!!

      - William Ruffalo

No comments:

Post a Comment