Monday, September 16, 2013

The beginning

The time is here! Every where you go the color of the leaves are changing, the temperature is dropping, and the smell of a fire is always in the air. The beginning of fall is here. The days are getting shorter and the nights are getting colder. You can smell the fire places as they burn to keep the families warm. Before we know it Halloween will be here and after that Thanksgiving and Christmas. I sit back and wonder, what happened to the summer? Where did it go? So I think of all the great things that I did this summer, I played my last season of baseball, I made new friends, I went to the beach, and I moved. This summer was actually really eventful, it was one of the best yet. Its time to say good bye though, good bye to all the long summer nights fishing and sitting at the baseball field. It's time to welcome the nice cool fall, time to get all of the winter coats out that were put away for the summer. Now its time to get all bundled up and go sit be the fire and tell the stories of the great things you did this summer. Football season has started, and the baseball season is coming to an end, but were not going to talk about that because my favorite baseball team isn't doing good, and my favorite football team has started with two loses. To me fall is the best season of all, the temperature is perfect, the smell in the air is great, and the colors surrounding everything are so beautiful. I love the beautiful colors of the fall, the shades of brown and oranges of the leaves that start to accumulate on the ground. It all is so beautiful, its almost overwhelming. I'm very artsy and one of my favorite things to do is paint, and my favorite time of year to paint is the fall because everything is so beautiful, the waters are nice and dark, the trees are bare, and there is a wonderful color of the leaves on the ground. The fall just has a magnificent feel to it, its not too cold, it's almost electrifying. Now that the summers gone its kind of hard to go out and get on the jet ski or boat, but just think of all the fun stuff that you can do in the fall and winter. You can, start making decorations for Halloween and thanksgiving, you can carve pumpkins, and go on haunted excursions. As it starts to get colder and starts to snow there's even more great things that can be done, for instance, you can go to skiing, snowboarding, you can jump on a snowmobile, get some friends together and go ice skating, sit with your loved ones by the fire, and all the other great  thing that you can think of. So even though the summer is gone, all is not lost, there still is plenty of fun to be had. You just have to go out there and make it happen. I advise you to be extremely careful though because the winter can be brutal, the roads get icy, the nights get cold, and everything gets slippery real fast. So get your bags of rock salt, and the chains for your tires and be ready for the cold days to come, because whether you like it or not they're coming and nothings going to stop them!

No comments:

Post a Comment