Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Where The Ruffalo Roam: The first story..

      So as I've told you guys before, I come from a family with five kids, and I moved 655 miles away from them. Well today October second, was one of my little sisters birthdays. So being hundreds of miles away I couldn't physically wake up, give her a hug and tell her happy birthday before school. I could however send her a card in the mail, I sent it weeks ago just to make sure that it was there the morning she turned seven. I also woke up at six a.m. to call her before school and she said that she loved my card! She was very excited that I had sent her a card and called here. However, she was even more excited when I told her that I was traveling down to North Carolina for Thanksgiving! I could hear her smile on the phone, I could imagine the look on her beautiful little face as her voice got high with excitement. She then immediately asked me if I'd gat school while I was down and eat lunch with her at school and of course I told her I'd be there. Now let me tell you about my other little sister, Caroline Elise. Sometime last January, I had noticed my parents had been acting a little bit strange, it wasn't to different than how they normally acted. If I hadn't been living with them for seventeen years at that point I would have never noticed, just I could tell something just wasn't the same. I couldn't think of what was going on, they weren't arguing, there was nothing going on in the family that I knew of. So one night my father comes home from work, and proceeds to do his usual routine, he goes to the kitchen gets some coffee, and walks around the house to see how everyone's doing, and ends up on the couch. That night though once he got to the couch he sat down, and told all of us to come into the living room, now usually when he called everyone into the living room it meant that we were going to talk about something serious. So I go and sit on the couch opposite of my parents with my three little siblings. Now I knew that they were going to tell us why they had been acting strange. So my father starts, " Now kids, you know your mother and I love all of you the same amount..." I didn't have to listen anymore, I knew exactly what that sentence was leading up too. I had heard that opening sentence three other times in the past, that was the opening to him telling us that my mother was pregnant. I was surprised, I didn't expect to ever hear that sentence again, but sure enough my wonderful mother at the age of 38 was expecting her fifth child. It was a girl, and she was born at 11: 23 p.m. on July 25, 2013. That's the same day as another one of my siblings, Christopher. They were born on the same day ten years apart. What are the chances of  a mother having two children ten years apart on the exact same day?

No comments:

Post a Comment